Whale in Water Card – Instructions
Wow, I never realised how popular this card would be! (I actually got really close to binning the design and filling the Sweet Treats Cup with sweets for team training – I’m glad I persevered!)
Thank you to everyone who e-mailed and left comments – I’ve tried to e-mail all of you personally as they came in. But if I missed anyone, I apologise; here are the instructions for everyone!
WHALE IN WATER CARD INSTRUCTIONS
Created by Bronwyn Heslop, Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
– ‘Animal Stories’ stamp set (whale image)
– ‘Trendy Trees’ stamp set (sentiment)
– 12” x 4” whisper white cardstock, scored at 6” (base)
– 5 7/8” x 3 7/8” whisper white cardstock (to hide ‘workings’ on completion)
– 4” x 4” brilliant blue cardstock
– 4” x 1 1/2” Tall Tales DSP
– 3” circle so saffron, with 1 ¾” circle in middle (I used the circle scissors, and cut the 1 ¾” circle first, then moved it out to 3” and cut it again)
– 2” circle thick acetate (DON’T use your circle scissors to cut this (learn from my 2 broken blades) – your craft and rubber scissors will be fine)
– 6” so saffron ribbon
– scrap (approx 2” x 2”) of brilliant blue cardstock for waves beneath Sweet Treats Cup
– scrap (approx 2” x 2”) of whisper white for stamping the whale on.
1. Stamp whale image on WW scrap cardstock, in Basic Grey and Brilliant Blue.
2. Scallop edge of Brilliant Blue scrap card using scallop square punch. Adhere onto stamped image.
3. Remove adhesive covering from Sweet Treats Cup (STC). Carefully add approx 5 ml water to cup, avoiding adhesive ring (I used a syringe – worked a treat! (excuse the pun!)). Place acetate circle on top – SEAL WELL (really work it around and around). Using sticky strip, adhere STC to image, so you have a good view of the whale and his spout.
4. Punch 1 ¾” circle hole in WW card blank, just up from halfway (see picture).
5. Poke STC through hole – mark with Brilliant Blue marker where waves come to on circle.
6. Take Brilliant Blue cardstock, scallop the edge and match up scalloped edge with that on whisper white cardstock. Trim off excess from bottom, punch partial circle to match card blank. Adhere So Saffron circle to STC, adhere Brilliant Blue on top.
7. Add Tall Tales DSP to bottom of card.
8. Adhere So Saffron ribbon to top of DSP. Stamp sentiment (“thanks so much”) in Choc Chip on So Saffron c/s, punch with word window. Pop up on dimensionals on So Saffron ribbon, underneath STC.
9. Sponge with Bashful Blue ink on front, avoiding So Saffron circle. Use scallop oval masking for cloud if desired.
10. Adhere piece of whisper white c/s to reverse, to cover ‘workings’. Stamp whale on inner bottom right hand corner, e voila! You’ve finished your whale in water card.